Thursday, February 13, 2014

No brainer Pistachio Cookies

So, I bought a big bag of salted pistachios when Aarvin was in the phase of enjoying those. After a few weeks, he lost the fad and the bag just remained! Neither Roshin nor me wanted to eat so many of them and that's how these cookies were born.


For this you will need -

225 gm - Butter
150 gm - Sugar
275 gm - Flour
1/2 cup - Powdered Pistachios

That's it!!

Method - Make sure the butter is at room temperature. Since I used salted pistachios, I rubbed them on a kitchen towel to take off the excess salt and then powdered them fine in a blender.


Beat the butter on low speed till light and airy. Then add sugar little by little and keep beating.


Now add the pistachios and give it a good mix. Finally add the flour, little by little. You will get a powdered mixture something like this.


You can put that on a rolling surface, make a dough and wrap it in a plastic wrap. This can be refrigerated for about 20 - 30 minutes. But I didn't have the time to do that and my son, who was my assistant, kept gobbling this powdered mixture. So I had to start quickly making cookies!
 

I made round and oval shaped ones. But is you refrigerate and then roll out the dough, you can make as many different shapes as you like.



Bake at 170deg C or 350deg F for 20 - 25 minutes.





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment