Monday, April 22, 2013

Pecan Cookies with Cold Frothy Coffee

It was the first time I saw these nuts called pecans. They are just like walnuts, slightly smaller in size but more or less the same taste. They are not easily available in India, so you can easily substitute them with walnuts.
So, once I got these pecans, I started searching for an easy, quick recipe and this time I wanted to use the multigrain flour I had too. Again, I got this from the US which contains whole wheat flour oats, flax seeds and what not. I have not seen this here in India, so I will give the recipe with regular flour and oats too.


For the pecan cookies, you will need -

1 Cup - Multigrain Flour or half a cup whole wheat flour and half a cup of oats
1 Cup - Dark Brown Sugar
1 No - Egg
1 Cup - Chopped Pecans/Walnuts
1/2 Cup - Softened Butter
1 tspn - Vanilla Extract
Optional - Choco chip cookies (handful)

Method -

Just stir together all the ingredients in a large bowl till they are mixed thoroughly and form a cookie dough like this.


Drop the dough onto ungreased baking sheets using a tablespoon. You can vary the size as per your choice.


Bake at 180 deg C for 13- 15 minutes till they turn dark brown. On touching they might still be a little soft but keep it to cool and the will harden immediately. Else they will get overcooked!


Now, in the summer, I just didn't want to eat these all by themselves, so I quickly whipped up some cold coffee to go along.


To make your cold coffee rich and delicious add a couple of tablespoons of vanilla ice cream while churning and garnish with grated chocolate or chocolate sprinkles!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment