Saturday, March 16, 2013

Divine Orange Cup Cakes with Orange Apricot Marmalade

On the 5th of March was one of my close friend's birthday and incidentally, I totally forgot about it! Sometime that afternoon, my pet friend, Facebook reminded me! I was then wondering what do I do for her. My basic instincts took over and I decided to bake! I have dried and powdered orange rind just for such special occasions! I love oranges and since they are so in season now, I decided to make orange cup cakes!


And yes when I do things impromptu, they always turn out delicious or the best! So here it is, I guess my best batch of cupcakes ever!


For this you will need -

200 gms - Flour
200 gms - Sugar
1 1/2 tspn - Baking Powder
110 gms - Unsalted Butter
1/4 tspn - Salt (If using salted butter, omit this)
2 Nos - Eggs
1 full pod - Vanilla (If you don't have this, 1 tspn - Vanilla Extract)
120 ml - Yogurt
3 tspns - Powdered Orange Rind
Juice of half an orange

Orange- Apricot Marmalade for filling


Method -

Ensure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
In a bowl, take the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt (if using). Mix well with a wire whisk. Now add the butter and beat well till it is completely incorporated. Now add the eggs, one by one and beat each time. Add the vanilla extract/pure vanilla, orange rind and juice of orange. Mix with wire whisk. Finally add the yogurt and beat for a couple of minutes till it forms an airy cake mixture.



Pour this into cup molds lined with paper cups. Make sure you fill only half or two thirds of the paper cup, not more than that.



This mixture makes about 15 cup cakes. Bake at 180 deg C for 20 - 25 minutes. A fork inserted should come out with a few crumbs of cake, this means they are ready. These cup cakes don't actually forma golden brown top, so don't wait for that too happen. If you do, you may end up with burnt cakes.
Take them out and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Then scoop out the center of the cup cakes.



I had this incredibly divine Sarabeth's orange apricot marmalade. It is simply the best! If you can get it from New York, please do. Thanks to my brother, I had it! Now pour 2 tspns of the marmalade in the center and voila, you have with you a moist gooey centered delicious cup cake!



You can substitute with any other marmalade or jam or even plain cream with orange rind in it!







No comments:

Post a Comment